Differences in Emotional Expressivity

 


We might think that nonverbal expressions are universal and, for this reason, understandable for all people around the world, but this does not work out that way.

Emotional expressivity is one of the things that is more easily misunderstood than many other things in cross-cultural differences. It’s very, very easy to interpret different ranges—to misinterpret different ranges of emotional expressivity. An emotional expressivity scale. Into this scale, we can find groups with a low tolerant expressivity, a high tolerant expressivity, and those in the middle. For example, the Japanese do not show their emotions in public, but Hispanics are quite the opposite, and Americans are in the middle

Then, as ESL teachers, it is important to know the differences in emotional expressiveness to avoid misunderstandings and offenses and to create a comfortable environment to learn together.

I have just shown understudies of my own way of life, and I feel good being an individual of high expressiveness, and, by and large, I am all around acknowledged for individuals I instruct. Maybe, an impartial stance is the most proper for managing understudies from different societies with various scopes of close to home expressivity. What might you at any point enlighten me regarding showing individuals from various scopes of profound expressiveness?

Comentarios

  1. Dany, I chose the same image for my blog. I believe it is a better example of expressions. I agree that in our classrooms is significant to avoid misunderstandings. We match about a comfortable environment to learn.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I agree with you that the more we know about the differences in emotional expressiveness in relation to other cultures, the possible confusion or misinterpretation in the classroom will be avoided. Very good publication!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. You make a great point on emotional expressivity being one of the most easily misunderstood any cross-cultural. I believe this is because we put our own thoughts and meaning to what we see in others. It is based on personal interpretation and we unfortunately can be mislead based on how we personally find ourselves emotionally. We almost become like a mirror of others behaviors.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Personal Space Differences

Differences in Manners

Culture Paradigms