Cross-Cultural Students in the Classroom
I
haven’t had the opportunity to be in a multicultural ESL classroom or to have
foreign students when I was at high school, but in experience, at my mission, I
could have the opportunity to know different cultures, American, Mexican,
Argentina, Chilean, Bolivian, Paraguayan, among others. All are from America. I
think everyone from El Salvador to Argentina we are really open-mind, friendly
and likes jokes.
I
will like to share my experience in a Salvadorian classroom, we are like in the
video says that when the class is almost finishing, maybe 5 minutes before the
finish, students are saving their notebooks and everything even if the teacher
hasn’t finished, and sometimes the teacher says “Why are you saving your
notebooks, I haven’t finish yet, I will let you homework” and all the students
need to get our their notebooks again. For us is disrespectful to talk between
students when the teacher is talking, but sometimes we do. One thing I have
seen in movies about Asian students are that they clean their own classrooms,
they don’t have someone who makes the cleaning, in the other hand, here in
Mexico students are dirty, they let a lot of trash in the classrooms, but there
are some people who make the cleaning at the school.
The
interesting thing will be when in the same classroom we could have many foreign
students, with a different point of view, with different paradigms, different
culture, as a teacher I think we need to be egalitarian with everyone, not be
respectful with some students and with others not.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario